Enrollment into Head Start is determined by individual programs. Additional factors considred for enrollment may include:
A family's income may be up to 130% of the PI
Chidlren from families receiving public assistance (TANF or SSI)
Children in foster care
Children who are homeless
Children with disabilities
Children who come from families who are over the income guidelines, if space is available.
To find a Head Start program in your area, you can go to the ECLKC website or you can find locations and downloadable applications at the agencies' website.
- CDI Headstart - Head Start Program www.hawaiicoheadstart.org or Contact (808) 961-0570 for an application
- Family Support Services of West Hawaii- Early Head Start Program www.fsswh.org or Contact (808) 326-7778 for an application
- American Samoa- (684) 633-5177
- Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands - (670) 664-3751
- Guam -(671) 300-1603 ext. 1604
- Palau - (680) 488-5608
If you are seeking additional child care options, or if you are ineligible for Head Start, the Child Care Resource and Referral agency in Hawaii (PATCH) is available to assist you in locating a provider. Contact PATCH by calling
(808) 839-1789 or access their website at http://www.patch-hawaii.org.